SPECIAL BONDING GAMES
- Babble back and forth with Baby.
- Help Baby to explore parts of your face.
- Play kissing games.
- Reach for Baby, pause then pick up Baby in response to cue.
- Carry Baby around in a snugli.
BATH AND DRESSING GAMES
- Play motor boat with Baby's feet.
- Play peek-a-boo with Baby's shirt.
- Massage baby's body parts with Baby oil.
- Float a toy in the tub while Baby bathes.
- Pat the bath water with Baby, making "splashes."
GROWING AND LEARNING GAMES
- Encourage Baby to look at new objects.
- Shake a variety of sound making toys.
- Tell Baby what you are going to do before you do it.
- Position Baby on tummy and place novel toys around Baby.
- Look at books with pictures of items familiar to Baby.
- Introduce a spoon to Baby and pretend to eat.
- Name items in the kitchen and place Baby's hands on them.
- Let baby play with Jello, pudding, or mashed bananas.
- Describe each action you do as you prepare Baby's food.
- Attach toys to high chair tray or table for Baby to investigate.
LAUGHING AND HAVING FUN GAMES
- Fly Baby up in the sky.
- Make funny sounds and shapes with your mouth for Baby to see.
- Play bouncing games.
- Play "I'm going to get you" and nuzzle Baby's tummy.
- Partially hide Baby's toy under a cloth and help Baby to find it.
ART AND SINGING GAMES
- Compare sounds of various types of shakers.
- Echo in a sing-song voice, the sounds and syllables Baby is making.
- Sing songs in different ways, high or low, fast or slow.
- Play "Where is Baby?" as Baby searches for your voice.
- Play "How Big is Baby".
FINGER AND TOE GAMES
- Cover bottle with novel textures for Baby to explore.
- Play, "This Little Piggy."
- Have Baby touch items with a variety of textures.
- Practice waving "Bye-bye."
- Place a rattle on baby's wrist for purposeful noise making.
GOING TO SLEEP GAMES
- Caress Baby with gentle puffs of air.
- Sway back and forth with Baby in your arms.
- Play soft music during naptime.
- Say "good-night" with Baby, to each family member.
- Hold Baby near a window and show Baby the lights outside.